Welcome to the home of Quranic-Research.
This site is dedicated to the computer aided research of the holy Quran
and consist of the following subsites:
- The Quran-Reader contains 114 translations/commentaries in 44 different languages (from tanzil.net), recitations of 44 recitors (hosted by everyayah.com) and automated transliteration/transcription acc. to various standards.
- The Quran-Explorer establishes a full crossreference of words which are used in the holy Quran. It also provides fulltext seach functionality both for the arabic text and any of the used translations. The word morphology is referenced from the Curanic Corpus.
- Lanes Lexicon is an Arabic English Lexicon "Derived from the best and the most copious eastern sources" by Edward William Lane. This online version is currently under development and based on the textual data provided by the Perseus Library
- The Arabic Transliteration tool uses the automatic transliteration features to provide an online transliteration utility for arabic text which is formatted as per Unicode Standard (just paste it into the box) to any supported standard.
- The Unicode Browser tool gives an overview about all characters which have been defined in the Unicode Standard. As the related software is dependend on the Perl version which is used by my webhoster 1&1, the latest Unicode information can not be displayed.
- The Language Information tool gives an overview about the language codes which have been used and which are defined in ISO Standard 639-1. For further information about the various languages links to the respective Wikipedia pages are provided.
PARTIAL WEBSITE MALFUNCTION
Due to a server update at my webhoster to a new Perl version, currently some of the server side scripts of my website are not working.
The current problem now is related to the Unicode Browser, and the Language Information.
The recent issues with the Quran-Reader/Explorer are fixed.